I am Melanie Fowler working as a professional services virtual assistant or Virtual PA at Blue Skies Virtual Assistant since 2015. I am based in St Albans Hertfordshire but previously worked as a solicitor in London for over 16 years. I provide business support solutions via administrative, logistical and secretarial services to a wide range of professionals and businesses against my background of working as a lawyer predominantly for the insurance industry.
In addition to working as a civil litigation solicitor I have gained a lot of other valuable experience and expertise in various managerial and business support roles such as:
- I ran litigation cases on my own but also worked on and project managed large, complex, multi discipline cases with others reporting to me whilst managing clients' and other's expectations.
- I drafted precedent letters and documents for a bespoke case management system for my division as part of a cross office development team. I then tested the system and helped roll it out with a trouble shooting role.
- I was the London departmental training representative liaising with others and the training department to develop, internally promote and host a full range of training activities for the year across the firm.
- I co-presented and led workshops on various topics for claims handlers and underwriters, and produced technical briefings
- I created a rolling monthly internal training program for my department.
- I organised, co-hosted and attended many client marketing and business development events.
- I was responsible for mentoring trainee and junior solicitors and summer students were regularly placed with me.
- I gave presentations and ran workshops both internally and externally to clients and to my peers at local and national events. I also wrote articles and organised a rolling series of internal lectures.
- I deputized for the London partners, including helping supervise junior fee earners, allocating and approving post, resolving team and client’s queries in their absence and considered CVs and interviewed candidates.
- I developed a client feedback questionnaire for my department to monitor its performance.
I tailor my services to suit your business needs creating a unique and bespoke package for each client. Please do contact me for a free consultation to discuss how best I can help you and your business.
How a virtual assistant can help your business
Blue Skies Virtual Assistant provides a wide range of administrative, secretarial and business support solutions and services which will enable you to delegate the necessary paperwork and everyday tasks that need doing so that you can concentrate upon building your business,increasing turnover and doing the work that you love, spending more time with your clients and taking on new ones.
In short, delegate the day to day paperwork and admin to me so that you can concentrate upon the big picture and generating more business.